Thursday, August 23, 2007

Nanzenji Temple - Kyoto

I went to Kyoto to spend a nice quiet afternoon. I never heard of this temple but Laura saw it in her guidebook and wanted to go check it out, so I figured, ok, why not.
The temple itself wasn't bad, tucked away near the Ginkakuji, the Silver Pavillion.

The cool thing about this gate is that you can actually go up stairs that lead to this walkway across the arch of the gate; the not-cool part of it is that it cost 500 yen to do it. So I just took a picture of it instead.


aqueduct that leads from Lake Biwa

the kura, the main temple of the monks


Since it was still light out, we decided to walk toward Gion for dinner.
shot of a torii that spans over the road

random temple

night shot of Gion

No comments: