Thursday, April 12, 2007

Kiyomizu Temple

After seeing the Imperial Palace, I got in touch with Brian and we decided to meet up in Gion. As I got there a little early, I decided to catch a glimpse of this noh play. If it wasn't such a Japanese tradition it would've really freaked me out...I don't know, just something about grown men wearing paper-mache masks one size too small...

solitary giant

At the base of the temple of course is another shrine with a very nice garden out back, probably a lot nicer when its sunny. That didn't shop these die-hards from their sake under the sakura trees.

one of the many specialty shops along the way

As Brian and I were walking up to the temple, these 2 beautiful geisha girls came out of this side shop and due to the rain they had their cool red umbrellas with them.
uh...shashin...OK?

all the colorful umbrellas

In my previous blog, I had written that Ryoanji was my favorite and that is true as this has now replaced it as "my favorite" spot in Kyoto.

enjoying Kyoto

pagoda in the distance
Brian and I were saying how it reminded us of a scene from The Last Samurai or something.

There are 3 streams of water that flow down and you can take one of those metal cups with a long wooden handle to drink from one...and I can't quite remember the significance of the water but it made for a good picture.

raindrops off the sakura blossoms

walk down cobblestone road

nightfall

No comments: