Friday, April 27, 2007

Last Day at School...

So today was my last day at school...the feelings, the emotions are still pretty raw and it's still difficult to fathom that I actually won't be reporting to work come Monday. I guess the one biggest difference with this job and all of my previous jobs was that there were so many people that I got attached to. Not only the teachers, but also the children as well as the parents. Pictures just don't tell the whole story, but here are some that have impacted my life and my heart. The following 3 entries including this one is dedicated to my last day.

As I got off the train this morning to a bright and sunny Ashiya, I just wanted to soak in the rays to what lay ahead of me on this last day at work.

From a bridge looking north at the mountains.

From the same bridge looking south at the train station.

Jay, our principal, my brother
Without you, I would not be here today, I would not be the person I am today (in so many different ways...). You helped to provide me with a safe environment in which to grow and start my life here in Japan. I am proud to be able to call you my brother. My prayers will always be with you.

Asaka, my little sister
I am glad to have met you. Keep smiling and keep laughing.


Kaori, my sempai
If ever I need some advice on how to teach, you will be the first person I will call.

Shima, my friend
We started out teaching the same class. It seems like such a looong time ago... I still can't believe your a mom!

No comments: